CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 7, 2008

God Stop Friday

Well it's Friday again. This week has flown by and I only have a few minutes before I have to head out the door.

1. We were concerned about Kendall's birth certificate for her passport. We never got hers because the forms were destroyed in our house fire and we just never got around to getting new ones. We were getting nervous about the time it would take to get it and then the time to get the passport. Well God worked it out for us and we have her birth cert.

2. I teach pre-k and there is a little girl in my class that has never been away from her mom. She started just a few months ago and instead of getting used to things and doing better she has been having a harder time each day. I am not kidding when I say she cried for 5 hours straight. I don't mean sniffels and tears I mean sobbing, screaming, moaning, and gnashing of teeth. Okay maybe I was kidding about the teeth. I prayed for her on Thursday in the parking lot before I went in. We also do a morning devotional with all the staff where we take turns doing the devotion. It was my assistant teachers turn and she has just been re-baptized and really been reborn. She has never prayed in public and has always asked someone else to close in prayer for her. She finished her devotion, took prayer requests, and then said God told her she had to pray today. She prayed the most amazing prayer that made me cry(not only for the word she spoke but because I know how nervous she is about that and for her boldness for Christ in her prayer). She also prayed for a calmness and comfort for this little girl. The little girl came in crying as usual and was very upset. After about 20 minutes she just looked at me and said "I guess my prayer didn't work and then just laughed. Within 10 minutes the little girl was fine and playing and smiling and laughing. Every other teacher that came by my room could not believe in the change in this child. I told my assistant that next time she feels God's urgency to pray to throw in a money tree for me.

8 comments:

Patty said...

Praising God with you Jiffiner! We put so many limitations on God and He wants to do so much more for us. He is into ALL the details of our lives. Isn't HE GREAT?!

I know how scary it is to pray in public. It takes a lot of practice but more than anything it is praying to God not the crowd your in. I am so happy God gave her increase in faith by answering her prayer so quickly!
Thanks for sharing with us today!

It is so cold here. I am awaiting the snow. Please Jesus give us a good snowfall tonight and tomorrow. After that I am ready for Spring. LOL!!
Love Ya,
Patty

jen said...

Oh Patty I would love to wake up to a yard full of that fluffy white stuff.

Cecelia said...

I love Norma's story. It was so awesome even today to hear her tell me about the calmness that God put over her.
I'm with ya'll on the snow. I love snow but I don't like the promise of it and then it doesn't come. I say either come tonight or don't come at all !

annette said...

GodStop indeed. He builds our faith so beautifully with answered prayers and boldness to pray and sweet rebirth. Great post. Bless you, annie

Holli said...

Hey guys, guess what. your wish of snow came true!!! it is snowing and sticking!!!!!!!!!!!

Patty said...

The snow was beautiful! We have just a little snow left. My chili is making my house smell so good! Ya'll have a good day at church tomorrow!

Love Ya,
Patty

Patty said...

Just checked the weather for this coming weekend and you are going to be happy. In the 60's and pretty. Sunday, close to 70. Of course this all could change in a blink of an eye! :o)

Holli said...

ok, i am mad that we didnt get to go to winter jam, but im glad i got to hang out with becca and hannah, we had lots-o-funn.