CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 2, 2008

God Stops

There have been lots of God Stops for me this week.

1. My weekend with Patty, Georgia, and Cecelia. We had so much fun. I really haven't had any down time in quite a while and it was just what I needed. I laughed, cried, etc. I didn't realize how badly I missed them until I spent time with them. I can't wait until next time.

2. My best friend (since we were in the 6th grade) came in for a visit yesterday and we spent the day shopping. Even though I didn't buy much we had a good time being goofy. She really loves my children and my 2 girls especially love her too. She is really interested in their lives and wants to know every little thing that has happened to them since the last time she has seen them. The four of us had a full day of quality girl time.

3. My family went to get our passport photos made ( mine is hideous) for a cruise that we are taking in August. This is a gift to us along with my husband's sisters and their families from my mother-in-law who will also be cruising with us along with her new husband. I have had mixed emotions about this trip because of my mother-in-law. Please don't think I am being ungrateful. You would have to know all of the history (and there is not a blog big enough to go there). While we were waiting for our pics to be developed my mother-in-law mentioned that my husband's younger cousin ( who has fought multiple bouts with cancer and is fighting another ) will also be going, along with his mom (who I adore) and my husbands "granny" ( who is a hoot at 80). I am now really excited to go. It should be a lot of fun.

4. Now for my big God Stop. I have someone from my past that brings back a very dark and hurtful time from my youth. Without gong into details I will just say that my life changed dramatically and I was very confused, hurt, embarrassed and did not feel that I would ever be the same. Even into adulthood I have carried this with me and at times just thinking about it would consume me with all those old emotions. I felt as if it would never truly be "in my past". I often wondered how I would react if I saw this person. Well, guess what. While shopping for a birthday present for a party that my 9 year old would be attending this weekend my 4 year old and I were in the toy department at Wal-mart. We were walking up an aisle and talking and then there he was. My body knew before my mind did. I tensed up, felt sick, and I am pretty sure that my blood pressure shot up too. I realized who he was and quickly walked on. All through this time my daughter and I never stopped our conversation. I saw him twice more before I left the store. I called my husband when I got in the car and said "I just saw him". My husband knew immediately who I was speaking of and started asking "What did you do?" What did you say?' I laughed and told him that was why I was calling, because I did nothing. I only felt sorry for him and thought where my life was then and where my life is now and somehow when I wasn't watching God had taken all of that for me. I wasn't that hurt teen anymore. I was just me. Make no mistake the old saying may be time heals all wounds, but God healed mine. I just had to go to Wal-mart to find that out.

3 comments:

Patty said...

I am so proud and happy for you!! God is the God of Breakthroughs!! It's amazing the work God accomplishes in WalMart!!
Georgia and I talk about how much we miss you all the time. This time last week we were going to church and eating roast after the service! You would have loved the service today! As a matter of fact I have something for you and I will mail it to you on Wednesday! I hope you like it. :o) Don't ask me what it is because I ain't sayin!!!
I made ribs and roast potatoes w/roasted veggies. Yum...
I have the windows up and it is a beautiful day! A GodStop day!!
Oh, I am glad you are looking forward to your cruise now and remember to get me a t-shirt on your cruise.(and Georgia, too)
FIND out when you are coming back here, okay?!!
Love and Miss You,
Patty

jen said...

I'll just bet that your lunch tasted even better than it sounded! I can't even begin to think of what you might be sending me. Is it a Philly Cheesesteak from Jersy Mike's? We had a beautiful day today too. The kids were having such a great time playing with all of the neighborhood kids that I skipped a VBS meeting. I asked which week-end we will be visiting, but she didn't know, she said she will check other schedules and let me know. You will be 1st to know. Love and miss you.

Georgia4God said...

Jiffener... I LOVED your God Stops!! by the way... I think we miss you more than you miss us b/c we talk about you ALL the time! :o) Praise God for healing you from that hurt. and that old saying is wrong.. Beth taught in one of her videos that time doesn't heal anything.. and that it can't heal anything. but only God can! just as He did for you..
Can't wait to see you!!! hurry and tell us when you're coming :o)

Love ya!!
me :o)